- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 to 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Parsley, fresh, chopped up finely
- About 5 large white asparagus or 8 small green ones per person
- Large pinch of sugar
- Knob of butter
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- Whisk together vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Slowly whisk in olive oil until the dressing is thick and smooth.
- Add in the chopped parsley and set aside.
- Peel and clean the asparagus.
- Grill the asparagus over a low indirect heat on a BBQ, cooking for 4 minutes on each side. You do not want to char the asparagus, just to heat it throughly. Alternatively you can cook the asparagus over a stove top, by bringing the water, sugar, and butter to a simmer in a large pot over medium heat. Then, place the asparagus in the boiling water and cook for about 15 minutes. Drain and place the spears on a folded towel to cool.
- Peel the eggs and separate the yolks from the whites
- Mash the yolks through a fine mesh strainer using the back of a spoon.
- Cut the whites up into tiny dice.
- Lay a few asparagus on each plate.
- Sprinkle on the egg whites.
- Add the yolks.
- Pour some vinaigrette on each plate and serve.
Source: Maison Travers