- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small white onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and minced
- 1 sweet red pepper, roasted, peeled and chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, roasted, peeled and chopped
- 1 orange pepper, roasted, peeled and chopped
- 6 medium pitted black olives, sliced
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup canned or freshly cooked garbanzo beans
- Freshly ground pepper
- ¾ cup raw couscous
- Heat olive oil in a wide saucepan and sauce onion and garlic until tender and translucent. Add roast pepper and sauté, stirring often 20 minutes.
- Stir in olives, raising, garbanzo beans and salt and pepper to taste. Add 1 cup water, cover and bring to boil. Stir in couscous, cover and bring to second boil.
- Turn off heat and let stand 10 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.