- 3 cups flour
- 1 inch of cold butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 2 ½ tablespoons oil
- 1 cup warm water
- ½ cup melted butter
- 8 apples peeled, cored and sliced thinly
- ½ cup sugar—depends on the sweetness of the apples
- Mix dough in cuisinert and let it knead till the dough feels like a baby’s behind. It should be pliable and a bit tacky. Let rest for at least 4 HOURS in an oiled bowl set in a warm place.
- Pull on a floured cloth. Spread with the filling ingredients, roll and top with more melted butter.
- Bake for one hour at 350°.
Comments: You can make the dough in the morning and finish it in the evening so it is warm for dessert.