- 1 batch of Basic Custard Base Ice Cream
- ⅔ cup rum
- 1 cup raisins
- Mix the rum and the raisins in a bowl. Cover and let sit for a minimum of four hours and preferably overnight.
- Prepare the basic custard base ice cream through step 4 “Chill” except complete step 5 “Strain” before commencing the Chill step.
- Once the ice cream base has chilled sufficiently stir in the raisins that have been marinating as well as much of the drained rum which had been used to marinate the raisins that you like. If the ice cream still does not taste “rummy” enough you can add up to 1 ½ tablespoons of rum, but no more.
- Complete the instructions as listed in the Basic Custard Base Ice Cream commencing with step 6 Cure through step 8 Harden.
- Because of the amount of rum used to make this ice cream the Hardening step will probably require a full day of freezing before the consistency is proper for serving to guests.