- 2 cups water
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 ½ pounds, carrots shredded
- ¼ teaspoons nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Bring 1 ¾ cups water, orange juice, maple syrup and carrots to boil in a 12 inch non stick skillet over medium. Boil covered for 3 minutes.
- Uncover and boil, adding remaining water only as necessary, until carrots are tender, about 4 more minutes. There should be about 1 tablespoon liquid left in the pan.
- Add nutmeg, salt and butter, stirring until melted. Adjust seasoning.
- This is also great cold for a picnic or BBQ.