- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- 2 cups white rice
- 4 cups water, heated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup currants, plumped in hot water
- ½ cup almonds, toasted
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about seven minutes.
- Add allspice and coriander and cook, stirring for two minutes.
- Add rice and stir until translucent, about three minutes. Add water and one teaspoon salt.
- Boil reduce heat, cover and simmer until rice is cooked, about 20 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let rice sit, covered for about ten minutes.
- Add the currants and nuts to the rice and fluff with a fork. Sprinkle with parsley.