- 1 cup shelled walnuts, even better if you toast and cool them first
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 3 sprigs of thyme, cleaned
- Small splash of sherry vinegar (I used a generous splash and felt it dominated too much; go easy)
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced sun-dried tomatoes (oil or dry-packed will both work)
- 1 loaf country bread, or a baguette, sliced
- In food processor, coarsely grind walnuts, cheese, garlic, thyme, salt and vinegar. Stir in oil and tomatoes.
- Grill or toast bread. While hot, top each slice with a heaping teaspoon of pesto.