- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup minced onion
- 1 ½ cup Arborio rice
- ½ cup red wine
- One bay leave
- 1 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- Handful of dried mushrooms (porcini, black, chanterelle, morel)
- Two handfuls of fresh wild mushrooms (what is available)
- Truffle oil
- ½ cup cream
- 3 to 4 cups chicken or beef stock
- Parmesan cheese
- Soak the dried mushrooms in boiling water. Drain and set aside water for use with stock.
- Heat stock and reserved water from mushrooms and keep warm.
- Sauté minced onion with butter. Add the rice and stir until all the grains are coated. Add the bay leaf and fresh thyme.
- Now start adding liquids with red wine first. Then stock. When risotto is looking to be near done, sauté remaining cleaned FRESH wild mushrooms in more butter. Try and brown them but do not let them get too soft.
- Now finish off risotto with cream and reconstituted dried mushrooms.
- Plate up and top with fresh sautéed wild mushrooms, parmesan and drizzle with truffle oil.
Wild Mushroom Risotto from Cafe de Jardin served with some foie gras and bread. It was so yummy.
Wild Mushroom Risotto from Cafe de Jardin
The meal is cooked and ready to be plated and served.
The remaining fresh wild mushrooms to be sautéed in butter.
Melt butter for sautéing the remaining mushrooms.
After adding the red wine and stock, cook the risotto until it is almost done.