- 1½ pounds beef chuck, cut into 1-inch pieces and chilled
- ½ pound beef brisket, cut into 1-inch pieces and chilled
- 6 ounces boneless beef short ribs, cut into 1-inch pieces and chilled
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Vegetable oil, for greasing
- Buns and toppings, for serving
- Using a meat grinder set up according to the manufacturer’s directions and with a medium die, grind the meats into a medium bowl. Using your hands, mix the meat until incorporated, then form into six 6-ounce patties. Season both sides liberally with salt and pepper.
- Light a grill. Using tongs and paper towels, lightly grease the grill. Cook the burgers, flipping once, until charred and medium rare, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter, assemble as desired with buns and toppings, and serve.
- Source: Tasting Tables
- I would add bacon to the meats that are ground up for the patties.