Why This Recipe Works
Chorizo and Manchego Pizza is an easy, unexpected crowd favorite for a Sunday brunch or a main course pizza. Warm spices and subtle heat from the chorizo, along with nuttiness from the Manchego cheese, give this pizza distinct flavors. The surprising addition of crème fraîche tethers all the ingredients together with a silky creaminess.
- 1 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 ounces chorizo sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces Manchego cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- ¼ cup crème fraîche
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 ball home made pizza dough –
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Heat the pizza oven as per the instructions (I use 750° F in my Roccbox or Breville Pizzaiolo
- Cook chorizo in 12-inch skillet over medium heat until lightly browned, 4 to 6 minutes. Let cool completely. Combine mozzarella and Manchego in bowl; set aside. Combine Crème fraîche, oregano, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cayenne in separate bowl; set aside.
- Stretch the pizza dough to the size of the pie you want.
- Spread Crème fraîche mixture evenly over top, leaving 1-inch border around edges. Sprinkle chorizo evenly over the pie.
- Sprinkle mozzarella mixture evenly over pizza, leaving 1/2-inch border.
- Bake until crust is light golden around edges
- Transfer pizza to wire rack and let cool for 5 minutes. Transfer pizza to cutting board. Sprinkle with scallions and chives and drizzle with extra oil. Slice and serve.