- 4 Tbl. Maple syrup
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 Tbl. Cream
- 4 slices thick cut artisan bread or 1 mini-loaf, halved and inner dough removed
- 1 Tbl. Butter
- 1 cup arugula, loosely packed
- 4 slices deli sliced turkey
- 1 chicken sausage sautéed sliced lengthwise in quarters (they will lay flat on the sandwich)
- 4 apple slices, very thinly sliced from the center of the apple, leave skin on
- 3 thick slices of hickory smoked bacon, fried, drained & cut into 3 half pieces
- Combine the maple syrup and sriracha in a small bowl and blend together. Set aside.
- Combine in a shallow pie plate the egg and cream, blend together. Add the bread and soak each side. You’re making French toast!
- Heat a medium sized cast iron skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Put the bread slices and grill on each side about 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a dinner plate.
- On the bottom slice of the sandwich bread, put the arugula. Fold over the turkey slices and put on top overlapping each somewhat. Drizzle one-third of the maple syrup mixture.
- Add the sausage quarters then the apple slices. Drizzle another third of the maple syrup mixture.
- Add the bacon slices and the top of the sandwich. Serve the remaining maple syrup mixture as a dip for the sandwich or to drizzle on top.
- Make more spicy maple syrup and drizzle on top the sandwich. Of course, you’ll need a fork and knife!
- Original source Ally’s Kitchen