- 1 yellow squash sliced into ⅓ inch think
- 1 zucchini sliced into ⅓ inch think
- 1 Japanese eggplant sliced into ⅓ inch think
- 1 head red-tipped Belgian endive (optional)
- 4 asparagus
- ½ green pepper cored
- ½ red pepper cored
- ½ yellow pepper cored
- 8 slices rosemary or other herb bread
- 8 Montrachet goat cheese slices
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- Dash fines herbes
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Place squash, zucchini, eggplant, endive leaves, asparagus and green, red and yellow peppers in individual piles in shallow pan. Pour Marinade over to coat vegetables well. Marinate overnight.
- When ready to serve, grill vegetables until lightly browned. Do not scorch. Remove blistered skins from peppers. Cut vegetables into strips or pieces to fit size of bread slices.
- Distribute mixture of vegetables on each of the 4 bread slices. Place 2 slices cheese on each of the remaining 4 bread slices. Place cheese-topped bread slices under broiler to glaze slightly. Serve sandwich open face with Basil Mayonnaise on side.
- Combine garlic, shallots, fines Herbes, oil and vinegar. Mix well.
Makes about 1 ¼ cups.
- Fold basil and parsley into mayonnaise until well mixed.
Makes about ½ cup.