- ½ cup dry roasted peanuts
- ½ cup roasted sunflower seeds or other chopped nuts
- 1 cup raisins, cranberries or other chopped dried fruit (figs, apricots, date)
- 1 cup chopped Michigan cherries
- 2 cups rolled or instant oats
- 2 cups toasted rice cereal such as Rice Krispies
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup (yes…….we need this to make it stick together)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Coat a 9 by 14 pan with tasteless oil.
- Combine peanuts, sunflower seeds, raisins, cherries, oats and rice cereal in a large bowl.
- In a second microwave safe bowl, combine peanut butter, brown sugar and corn syrup. Zap on high until bubbling, 1 to 1 ½ minutes. Add vanilla and stir to blend.
- Pour the liquid over the dry and stir. Transfer mixture to prepared pan. Coat your fingers with oil and press down HARD!!! This will enable the bars to stay together and not crumble.
- Let stand for one hour. Cut into 16 bars.
- Individually wrap bars and keep at room temp for up to one week, longer in the refrigerator. I also store them in the freezer.
Comments: Packed with healthy carbs and dried fruit, these homemade snacks are ideal B4 exercise. Easy and simple to make and NO OVEN!!!