- 5 pounds duck meat
- 2 cups dried figs, stems removed and chopped
- juice of 2 oranges
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 tablespoon picked & minced thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground toasted fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon + 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- casings or caul fat
- In a saucepan on medium high heat, plump the figs in the orange juice, red wine, thyme, and dijon.
- Grind all through meat grinder & case.
- Cook on medium. be careful not to overcook. We like to serve with mashers and caramelized fennel.
Source: zazu kitchen + farm