This pizza can be made with pretty much what ever you have in your refrigerator as long as you include a base of pesto and mozzarella.
- One 250 gram pizza dough ball, my preference is my Go To Pizza recipe here – http://www.searching4zen.com/recipes/4063/
- Bunch of fresh basel, leaves only
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- ½ to ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 to 1 ½ cups shredded mozarella
- Chile flakes to taste
- Let the pizza dough come to room temperature by letting it sit on the counter for at least an hour, preferable two.
- In the mean time, make the pesto by putting the cleaned garlic cloves and pine nuts in a food processor and process. Add salt, pepper and basel leaves and process. Then slowly drip in olive oil while the machine is on until it gets to the consistency that you like. Store the left over pesto in a glass jar, pour a small amount of olive oil over or cover the top of the pesto with plastic wrap and store in the fridge for up to a month.
- Stretch the pizza dough into a 10″ to 12″ round pie and slide onto a pizza paddle that has been dusted with semolina. Test that the pizza is not sticking to the paddle by giving it a test slide.
- Dress the pizza with 1-2 tablespoons of the pesto and the mozzarella.
- Cook in a roccbox grill with the stone heated to around 750° F. for 90 seconds to 2 minutes turning it every 15 seconds, until done.
- Slice, sprinkle with some Chile flakes (if you care) and enjoy.