- 1 ball pizza dough
- 1-2 Tablespoons Essential Pomodoro Sauce (page 25 of the book TRULY MADLY PIZZA) or your favorite tomato sauce
- 6-7 Kalamata olives, pitted, halved and blotted dry
- 4 large anchovy fillets, blotted of oil, rinsed with milk and blotted again
- 3-4 ounces fresh mozzarella torn into bite sized pieces and blotted.
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Form pizza as called for by your recipe and heat source. Place on pizza paddle which has been sprinkled with flour or semolina.
- Spread Essential Pomodoro on pizza using a large tablespoon. You do not want too much sauce or the pizza will tend to be soggy.
- Now place Mozarella on the pie. Make sure you blot the cheese and get as much moisture out as fresh Mozarella has a lot of water in it. You do not want your pizza to be soggy.
- Take the anchovies and slice them lengthwise and place then on the pie in your design. I like mine to mimic slices of a pie.
- Top the pizza with the halved olives and bake accordingly.
- Once the pie is out, sprinkle with Chile flakes to taste and enjoy!