- 1 litre of chicken stock
- 8 cloves of garlic, minced (you can add more if you like)
- 75g duck fat
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 bouquet garni (2 sprigs of thyme, parsley and a bay leaf tied with string)
- salt & pepper
- 4 slices of stale bread toasted or croutons
- 75g of grated Gruyère cheese
- Boil the chicken stock in a pan.
- Fry the minced garlic in the fat and add to the boiled stock. Add the bouquet garni and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bouquet garni. Beat the egg whites lightly and add to the simmering soup, watch carefully for the whites to set and immediately remove the pan from the heat.
- Whisk the egg yolks and pour a quarter of the soup on to the yolks, whisking. Pour this into the pan with the rest of the soup.
- Season to taste, put a slice of toasted bread in a bowl, pour a serving of soup and top with grated cheese and croutons.
Source: The Good Life France.