- 12 ounces dried spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 anchovy fillets, drained and minced
- ½ teaspoons red pepper flakes
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh Italian parsley
- ½ cup coarse fresh bread crumbs, lightly toasted
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in sauté pan over low and add the garlic. Sauté until soft and fragrant.
- Stir in anchovies, red pepper flakes and remove from the heat. Add the olive oil and capers and sauté a bit until anchovies dissolve. Set aside.
- Drain pasta but not too thoroughly; some of the cooking water should still cling to the strands. Put the pasta in a warmed serving bowl, pour the olive oil mixture over and toss.
- Seasons with salt and pepper, herbs and half the bread crumbs and toss again. Scatter the remaining crumbs and serve.
- I often omit the bread crumbs and use whatever fresh herbs I have available.
Pasta With Fried Lemons and Chile Flakes