- Spinach Pasta Dough
- 1 ½ cup ricotta
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch basil
- 3 ounces Parmesan
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ¼ to ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- Salt and pepper
- In food processor, with motor running, drop in garlic. Add parmesan and process until finely grated. Add basil and pine nuts. Add enough olive oil to achieve a pasty consistency.
- Add 2 heaping tablespoons of the pesto to the ricotta for the filling.
- Roll pasta dough into 6 inch squares and fill. Place in a buttered casserole dish and set aside as you make the sauce.
- Melt the butter. Add flour and whisk well over low heat for about five minutes or until lightly brown. Add the milk and stir until slightly thickened.
- Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Serve with parmesan and Italian parsley.
- From the cooking school at ma Cuisine. This is the BEST PESTO recipe also.