- ½ cup imported black kalamata olive, pitted, can use Alfonso
- ¼ cup imported green Sicilian olives, pitted
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, rinsed and patted dry
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (optional)
- Combine black and green olives and the capers and chop in small pieces using a chef’s knife. Leave ¼ aside and add the remainder to the food processor along with the anchovy fillets, garlic, lemon juice and basil in bowl of a food processor fitted with steel blade. Process until smooth.
- With motor running, dribble in the oil to make a thick, fluffy sauce. For a lighter sauce, blend in the mayonnaise.
- Taste, and correct seasoning. Scape the dip into a bowl along with the remaining ¼ of olives and capers that have been chopped. Mix until incorporated. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Will keep, refrigerated, for 1 week.