- ¾ cup wild rice
- 10 snow peas
- 1 package (3/5 ounces) enoki mushrooms or 4 ounces shitake
- ½ large yellow pepper slivered
- ½ large red pepper slivered
- ½ cup cilantro
- 2 ounces smoked turkey slivered
- ¼ cup salad oil
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger micro planed
- Rinse rice in a sieve. Drain. Bring to boil three cups of water (or mixture of water and water that you have soaked dried shitakes in) and stir in rice and 1 teaspoon salt. Cover and simmer until liquid disappears about 45 minutes. Fluff with a fork and cool.
- Blanch snow peas, pat dry and sliver.
- Cut off and discard dirty ends of enoki mushrooms. Separate threads and set aside. If using shitake clean, discard the stems and thinly slice. amounts, tossing until you achieve the proportion of vegetables to rice that you wish.
- First toss turkey with the chilled wild rice. Now add remaining vegetables in small
- Combine dressing ingredients and toss with salad. Garnish with cilantro.
- Great for lunch or as a dinner salad alongside an Asian meal.