- 4 thick slices of brioche toasted
- 4 eggs poached
- 4 tablespoons minced Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced thyme
- 2 tablespoons minced tarragon
- 1 cup cleaned and sliced oyster mushrooms
- 1 cup cleaned and sliced shitake mushrooms
- 2 cups cleaned and sliced wild mushroom mix
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 minced shallots
- Truffle oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons minced Italian parsley for garnish
- Sauté the shallots in the olive oil until just tender. Add the firmest mushrooms first followed by the more tender ones and sauté until just tender and glossy with oil. Mix in the herb mixture.
- Poach the eggs, and place on top of the toasted brioche. Spoon mushroom/herb mixture around egg and lace with truffle oil. Season with salt and pepper and circle plate with minced parsley.
- I obtained this recipe from a favorite restaurant of ours near Convent Garden in London. Le Cafe de Jardin was located just up the street from the Waldord Hotel where we often stayed while in London.