- ½ cup soft butter
- ½ cup soft margarine
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup ground blanched almonds
- 1 2/3 cup sifted flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Mix the butter, margarine, sugar and ground almonds till a smooth paste is formed.
- Add the sifted flour and salt a little at a time. Do not add all the flour at one time as you may not need it all. The dough needs to be firm but yet stay together for the shape.
- Chill dough for 1 to 2 hours.
- Roll a handful of dough with hands to resemble a pencil……….that thickness also.
- Cut into 2 ½ inch lengths and form into crescents on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 14 to 16 minutes or until set. Do not let them brown.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for a bit then place them on cooling racks and sift the powdered sugar over.
My notes: Mom’s recipe, Christmas cookie