- 2 pints strawberries, blueberries or raspberries or any combination (the blueberries can be frozen)
- Zest of one orange
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 pint strawberries
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Mint sprigs and or whipped cream for garnish
- Wash the berries, let them dry and hull them. Keep aside the one pint of strawberries or one pint of blueberries to make the sauce. I like to use frozen blueberries for this part of the recipe as they are easier to obtain and make a good sauce.
- With the metal blade, put the orange zest in the work bowl with the sugar and process until it is as fine as the sugar. Add one pint of the blueberries and the Grand Marnier and puree until smooth.
- Pour the puree over the hulled berries and let them macerate in the refrigerator for several hours.
- Serve in a tall goblet garnished with mint sprigs and whipped cream. You can also serve it in a small bowl accompanied by ice cream.