- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, poached and torn into bite size pieces
- 1/8 teaspoon saffron, dissolved in a teaspoon of boiling water
- ¾ teaspoon minced ginger root
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Four sheets of fillo dough
- Sauté egg with one tablespoon of butter. Do not let the egg cook completely as you want it moist and a bit runny.
- Mix the egg, chicken, saffron, ginger root, nutmeg, cumin, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, ½ tablespoon sugar, raisins, pine nuts, salt and pepper to taste. Mix.
- Lay fillo dough out and cut into strips so as to assemble in the triangle fashion. Put one to two tablespoons of filling on the end of each strip and fold up. Place on cookie sheet and dab lightly with butter.
- Combine remaining ¼ teaspoon cinnamon with ½ tablespoon sugar. Sprinkle over chicken triangles. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake 20 minutes or until browned.
Comments: Despite the long list of ingredients, the dish is easy to assemble. If desired, the chicken filling can be prepared up to a day in advance and put in the fridge. Serve with a fruity carrot and orange salad. These triangles are also great fare for a picnic.