- Pork shoulder roast approx. 3 lbs
- Chicken stock 1 can or 2 cups
- Chiles (2 ancho and 2 other) 4..split open, seeds removed
- Onions, chopped 1
- Garlic, peeled 1 head
- Celery, chopped ½ head
- Oregano 1 T
- Cumin 1 T
- Sesame seeds 2 T
- Salt to taste
- Salsa,any kind but freshly made
- Trim the pork roast of unnecessary fat.
- Place it in a pot with everything except the seasonings.
- Bring to a slow boil, cover and bake for 2 hours.
- Remove the pork roast and cool.
- Grind the seasonings together in a mortar and pestle and add to the liquid in that pot. Simmer the liquid for 20 minutes.
- Blend well in a blender, return to the pan, and reduce the liquid to correct consistency.
- Take the cooled pork roast and shred the meat.
- Sauté the meat in olive oil until crispy. Add a small amount of the liquid sauce to that crispy meat for flavor.
- Arrange on tortillas with freshly made salsa and serve.
- You will have way more sauce than you need but it will be good starter for the next batch or you can use it for a variety of other
- You can freeze the sauce and shredded meat separately and finish at another time.
- The spiciness depends on the chiles you choose.