- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tart apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- ½ cup minced shallots
- 2 ribs celery sliced
- ½ cup Calvados
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooked rice
- Heat butter in skillet and brown the chicken on both sides until golden. Remove.
- Brown apple slices, shallot and celery in the same skillet with leftover fat.
- Add Calvados and turn up heat to burn off the alcohol. Reduce heat to low.
- Add ginger, cinnamon, bay leaf, chicken and stock and simmer uncovered until vegetables are tender and chicken is done.
- Remove chicken from the pan and boil until broth is reduced by half. Reduce heat to low, add cream and stir and return chicken to pan. Heat through.
Just about ready!
Everything mixed together and ready to cook
Needs a good bottle of Calvados
Outstanding dinner of Chicken with Calvados