- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons chutney, chopped
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt and both sugars together. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg, stir in the milk and melted butter.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, pour liquid ingredients in all at once along with pecans and chutney and combine with no more that 15 strokes until flour is moistened-a few lumps may remain.
- Spoon into buttered muffin tins ¾ full and bake in 400 degree oven until golden brown, about 18-20 minutes.
- Cook in pan 3-4 minutes.