- 8 medium red and yellow beets, scrubbed
- 8 wooden (or metal) skewers
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium yellow squash
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp orange Zest
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp grapefruit zest
- ¼ cup grapefruit juice
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- Heat oven to 375°. Wrap each beet in foil and roast on a baking sheet until easily pierced with a fork, about 45 minutes.
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes.
- Cool, peel and cut beets into 1-inch pieces.
- Thread onto skewer alternating red and yellow pieces.
- Coat in 1/2 tbsp olive oil; set aside.
- In a pot, boil brussels sprouts until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain; set aside.
- Cut onion into 1-inch pieces. Thread onto skewers, alternating sprouts and onions, Coat in 1/2 tbsp oil; set aside.
- With a mandoline, slice zucchini and squash into 1/8-inch thick ribbons. Coat in 1/2 tbsp oil and thread onto skewers. Season kebabs with salt and pepper to taste.
- On an oiled grill (or grill pan) over high heat, cook until slightly charred, 3 minutes per side. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, combine remaining oil, zests, juices, honey, and salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle over kebabs and serve.
After the grill
Ready for the grill
Citrus-Drizzled Vegetable Kebabs