- 6 whole chicken breasts skinned and boned
- 1 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pint plus ½ cup cream
- 1 tablespoons curry powder
- Dash ginger
- Dash cayenne
- Dash cardamom
- ½ cup raisins
- Hot rice
- 3 large ripe bananas sliced
- ½ cup toasted almonds chopped
- Sauté chicken over medium heat in butter until chicken turns white, about 30 seconds on each side. Season to taste with salt and pepper and remove from the pan.
- Add cream to the same pan and bring to a boil. Add curry, ginger, cayenne, cardamom and salt to the pan. Boil until cream mixture is reduced by 1/3. Add chicken breasts and poach 3 minutes on each side in sauce. Adjust seasonings.
- Meanwhile plump raisins in Madeira. Add plumped raisins to the skillet.
- For each serving place chicken breast on a bed of rice with a ring of sliced bananas and sprinkling of tasted almonds.