- ¼ cup olive oil plus more for brushing
- 1 ½ tablespoons mayo
- 4-6 garlic cloves
- 6-8 anchovies
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons pureed chipotles
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce, leaves washed and dried but kept whole
- Shaved Parmesan or Asiago cheese
- 1 cup croutons
- Grilled chicken thighs
- For the dressing, blend the oil, mayo, garlic, anchovies, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon, hot sauce, chipotles and red wine vinegar in a food processor. Season with salt and pepper. The dressing can be made ahead of time, up to one day and refrigerated. It should be brought to room temperature before tossing with the lettuce.
- Preheat the grill to medium. Brush the lettuce lightly with oil. Grill 20 to 30 seconds on each side. If the grill is hot, reduce the time. Remove the lettuce from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the lettuce into pieces or if you prefer leave whole and drizzle the dressing on top.
- Combine the lettuce, cheese and croutons and place on a platter or individual plates. Top with grilled chicken and more croutons.
Comments: From the Pellegrini Winery. Savory and spicy, this salad is a great treat!!!