- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 (6 to 8-ounce) salmon fillets, with skin
- In a small bowl combine the butter, chipotle, honey, lime, and salt.
- Preheat grill for direct cooking over high heat.
- Brush both sides of salmon with oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Grill salmon over direct high heat with the lid closed until the salmon releases easily from the grill with tongs, about 6 to 8 minutes. Turn the fillets over and cook until done, about 3 minute
- Remove salmon to serving plates and dollop with prepared butter to serve.
Sweet, spicy, smokey, buttery, fresh. It doesn’t get much better than this!
This recipe comes from Handle the Heat.