- 1 pound boneless lamb or beef thinly sliced and marinated in the following:
- 1 tablespoon heavy soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 red sweet pepper, shredded
- 1 yellow sweet pepper, shredded
- 1 green pepper, shredded
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons minced cilantro
- ¼ cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- Combine sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Over the highest temperature, heat wok until very hot. Add one tablespoon oil and roll around the sides of the wok. Add drained meat and stir fry until color changes a bit. Set meat aside and wipe out wok.
- Return wok to highest heat. Pour remaining oil into the wok, swirl and add garlic and cilantro. Sauté for a few seconds. Add peppers and stir fry until color brightens. Return meat to wok.
- Pour in the sauce and stir. Add cornstarch mixture a little at a time until thickened.
- Serve at once.
Comments: Instead of lamb you can always use beef or pork.