- Olive oil — 1/2 cup
- Paprika — 1 tablespoon
- Ground cumin — 1 teaspoon
- Scallions, chopped — 1 bunch
- Garlic, minced — 2 to 3 cloves
- Waxy potatoes, boiled, peeled and cut into thin slices — 2 pounds
- Lemons, juice only — 1 or 2
- Salt and pepper — to taste
- Parsley, chopped — 1/2 bunch
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium flame. Add the paprika and cumin and toast them lightly for about 30 seconds. Add the scallions and garlic and sauté lightly for about 1 minute. Remove the ingredients to a large bowl.
- Add the potatoes and the remaining ingredients and toss to coat the potatoes. Set aside for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors mingle.
- Adjust seasoning and serve chilled or at room temperature.
Patates Salatasi Variations
- Use thinly sliced red onion in place of the scallions if you like.
- Use chopped basil, dill or mint along with the parsley for added flavor. Use about 2 or 3 tablespoons of each.
- Start with the juice of just one lemon and add more as you like for flavor.
- Eliminate the sautéing step and add use the ingredients raw.
- Eliminate the cumin and paprika if you like.