- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Dough for pizza
- ¼ pound goat cheese, crumbled
- 6 asparagus spears, ends trimmed, lightly blanched and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons Parmigiano
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano
- 4 to 6 paper thin slices of prosciutto
- Sauté onion slices in oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Set aside as you assemble the pizza.
- In our wood burning pizza oven you will not need to get the fire up to the usual 750°, 550° to 600° is fine since the pizza will need to be in longer then usual due to the large amount of ingredients.
- If you make the pizza in a traditional oven, preheat it to 450 degrees and bake for about 15 minutes.
- After removing pizza from oven (either type) drizzle the pizza with olive oil and enjoy!