- 2 lb small green bell peppers (approximately 18-20 peppers)
- 2 cups white rice
- 4 medium size onions, finely chopped (you can use a food processor)
- 3 tomatoes, grated
- 1 tomato (this one is for covering the tops of bell peppers after stuffing)
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup currants
- 1 tbsp all spice
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp mint flakes or ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped finely
- 1 tsp white sugar
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup olive
- Mix well all the ingredients (except for peppers and 1 tomato) in a bowl.
- Wash peppers and take out the top part and the seeds.
- Stuff the peppers with the rice mix with a spoon or your hand.
- Cut small pieces from 1 tomato to cover the top part of peppers. Press the tomato slice down a bit so that it won’t come out.
- Place the dolmas in an oven dish which is as tall as dolmas. Pour on top 2 cups of boiling water.
- First let it boil for 5 minutes on stove. Than, bake it in a preheated oven at 400F for 35-40 minutes until rice is cooked and tops are browned. Check them regularly if you don’t want to burn the tops.
- It’s better cold, but good when it’s hot, too.
Source: Almost Turkish Recipes