- 2 anchovy fillets, rinsed, patted dry, and finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place the anchovies and garlic on a cutting board. Make a paste by dragging the side of a chef’s knife across the fillets at a 15-degree angle about 10 times, or until a smooth paste forms. Place in a medium bowl.
- Whisk the whole egg, egg yolk, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and Worcestershire into the anchovy mixture and beat until smooth. Slowly add the oil, whisking constantly until the vinaigrette has emulsified. Season with salt and pepper to taste.