- 1 ball of pizza dough taken out of the freezer that morning
- 2 Tablespoons Caramelized Onion Jam
- ½ Bosc pear(firm but not rock hard), leave peal on, cored, sliced thinly horizontal but not paper thin
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 3-4 ounces crumbled Roquefort (or other blue cheese if you choose)
- 2 slices of Prosciutto sliced ¼ inch wide
- Make sure all topping ingredients are at room temperature first.
- To caramelize the pears, melt the butter on medium heat in a sauté pan. Gently lay the sliced pears in the pan and sauté until they have softened just a bit. Then sprinkle the brown sugar over and continue to cook until the sugar has melted and is incorporated into the melted butter. Let bubble for 30 seconds and take off the heat. You want the pear slices to still be somewhat firm so you can make them out on the pizza.
- Once you stretched the pizza dough, spread the Caramelized Onion Jam over the top.
- Then carefully place the caramelized pear slices on top in a concentric design.
- Sprinkle the crumbled cheese on top and then do the same with the slices of Prosciutto.
- Ready to cook in your favorite oven. For a pizza oven (Breville Pizzaiolo, OONI or Roccbox) it should cook in 90 to 120 seconds, in a standard kitchen oven, it will be closer to 5 to 6 minutes.