- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tart apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- ½ cup minced shallots
- 2 ribs celery sliced
- ½ cup Calvados
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooked rice
- Heat butter in skillet and brown the chicken on both sides until golden. Remove.
- Brown apple slices, shallot and celery in the same skillet with leftover fat.
- Add Calvados and turn up heat to burn off the alcohol. Reduce heat to low.
- Add ginger, cinnamon, bay leaf, chicken and stock and simmer uncovered until vegetables are tender and chicken is done.
- Remove chicken from the pan and boil until broth is reduced by half. Reduce heat to low, add cream and stir and return chicken to pan. Heat through.