- 2 boneless chicken breasts or one pound boneless, skinless thighs
- 1 tablespoon heavy soy
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 3 tablespoons oil for stir frying
- 1 ½ cups asparagus or green beans diagonally cut into 1 inch lengths
- ½ cup pine nuts, toasted
- 6 green onions diagonally cut into ¼ inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Cut chicken into small cubes. Mix with the marinade and refrigerate at least 20 minutes.
- Combine sauce ingredients.
- Heat wok to very hot. Add 2 tablespoons oil. When oil is very hot, add chicken and stir to ensure even cooking. Tip out when the meat is white.
- Return wok to high heat and add one tablespoon oil and garlic. After a few seconds, add green onions and asparagus. When asparagus brightens, pour in the sauce and add the pine nuts.
- Return chicken and stir until it thickens.
Comments: Do not double the recipe if you need more, make it twice. Don’t forget to UNDERCOOK all ingredients.