- 3 leeks
- 1 ¼ pounds butternut or banana squash
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 cups chicken stock
- ¾ cup cream
- Salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste
- Clean and slice leeks. Peel and cut squash into ½ inch cubes.
- Sauté leeks in butter for about five minutes. DO NOT BROWN. Add the curry powder and sauté two more minutes.
- Add the squash and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until the squash is tender.
- Puree ingredients and return to the sauce pan. Add the cream and warm but do not bring to a boil.
- Season to taste.
Comments: I got this recipe while working at the Ma Cuisine Cooking School in Newport Beach, CA. A favorite of mine and others for all times.