- 1 bunch (about 4 ounces) arugula, stems trimmed, washed
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1½ teaspoons coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 assorted Italian pork sausages, both hot and sweet varieties (about 1 pound)
- Make the pesto: Place the arugula and garlic in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped, scraping down sides if necessary. Add cheese, salt, pepper, and olive oil, and puree until smooth and well combined.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Prick sausages with fork to allow excess fat to drip. Grill until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Serve pesto over the grilled sausages.
Source: MARTHA STEWART LIVING JULY 2001
Comment: Save any extra pesto to use on other grilled meats or fish. It will last up to one week in the refrigerator.