- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 3 tablespoons cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons allspice
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
Chicken and Bananas
- 8 boneless chicken thighs
- 4 firm bananas, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- Lime halves
- Mix spice rub ingredients together. This makes about one cup and should but kept in a tightly covered jar.
- Rub enough of the spice mixture to coast both sides of the thighs. Cover and refrigerate for two hours.
- Grill chicken as you would normally. Remove when done and place teaspoon butter on each breast.
- Rub banana halves with oil and place them on the grill flat side down. Grill about 2 minutes or until flat sides are slightly golden. Flip them and grill additional 2 minutes. Remove and mix 1 tablespoon hot melted butter and molasses together and paint over bananas.
Comments: The spice rub is a variation of the dry rub commonly used in BBQ. The normal searing and crusting action of grilling is enhanced by the rub.