- 3 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons dark soy
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 pounds boned leg or shoulder of lamb cut into ¾ inch cubes
- 1 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- ½ teaspoons soy
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Few drops hot pepper sauce
- For the Kebabs, combine shallots, garlic, soy, red pepper, coriander, ginger, vinegar and oil in a large, deep bowl. Add the lamb cubes and mix. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours or up to 12 hours.
- Thread lamb cubes and grill over hot coals until brown on the outside but pink in center, 4 to 6 minutes on each side. Serve with Peanut Sauce.
- For the Peanut Sauce Cook the onion and garlic in a small amount of oil. Blend the broth with the peanut butter in a bowl. Stir in onion mixture, molasses, soy, ginger and hot pepper. Heat until slightly thickened.
Comments: A tender cut of beef is excellent grilled as satay also.