- 2 tablespoons mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons capers drained
- 2 large garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup pitted mixed olives such as Calamata and Cerignola
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 egg
- 1 scallion thinly sliced
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef or turkey
- 1 pound pasta
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a food processor pulse the mint with the capers, garlic and lemon zest. Add the olive oil in a thin steam.
- Add the olives and pulse until coarsely chopped. Season with pepper to taste and set aside.
- Mix bread crumbs, egg, milk and scallion. Add ground meat and ½ cup olive-mint pesto.
- Brown meat and serve over pasta with extra pesto.
Comments: Stir the pesto into mixed ground meats to make meat loaf, serve it on bruschetta with shaved Parmesan cheese, stir it into soups or whisk it into vinaigrettes.