- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 large Anjou or Bartlett pears, peeled, cored and cut into ¼ inch slices
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 8 ounces sour cream or crème fraiche
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar for garnish
- Melt the butter and sugar in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Cook stirring frequently until the sugar begins to caramelize, about 2 minutes. Add the pears and rosemary, raise heat to high and cook, stirring occasionally until the pears are browned and caramelized all over, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove the pears and spread out on a plate to cool.
- Place sauté pan back on high heat and add ¼ cup water stirring up the browned sugar and butter. Cook stirring and swirling pan until reduced to thick syrup.
- Layer pears in four small glasses alternating with the sour cream for two layers of each. Drizzle some of the syrup over each and sprinkle with sugar.